Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Me

To celebrate that I have readers now, well, a reader, I will take a sec to introduce myself.

I'm Alex.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I live in Fort Worth, Texas, with this beautiful woman who tolerates my fascination with tea.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tea and I first fell in love when I moved to Fort Worth. I rented a room from a British woman who made my first cup of tea, PG Tips. From their it was a year or so of trial and error as I explored all the teas available at my store, Twinnings, Taylors of Harrogate and what not. Then I discovered Rishi-Tea's Travelogue covering their Fair Trade Certified project in Xishuanbanna, Yunnan, and it captured my imagination. Since then tea has been my doorway to other cultures, a way to learn about other places, people, languages, geography.

I work at Central Market as a Grocery Lead and local Tea Guy. This is my curse, to love tea, work with tea, and forced to sell Celestial Seasons and Bigelow and friggin Republic of Tea. I crave, yearn, for a customer to come in and ask me a legitimate tea question.

And that's me.

5 comments:

Mary R said...

Aw! Someday if I ever go to Texas (excuse me while I laugh hysterically...okay, whew) I'll stalk you out in a non-creepy way and ask you a serious tea question.

I don't believe we've ever seen a picture of your wife before. She's very pretty indeed. Y'all make a very cute couple. :)

Jamie D. said...

Two readers now, thanks to Mary's link. Nice pics, beautiful wife, and I will be looking forward to reading more on Japanese teas, as I haven't branched out into them as of yet (been planning too, but...well...so much tea, so little time). Although, I guess if I were drinking tea like you did the other night, there would be plenty of time...

Anyways, another reader for your tally. Nice to "meet" you. :-)

MarshalN said...

Are you dissing Celestial Seasoning? And Bigelow?

Ingrate.

~ Phyll said...

What is this? Another tea blog?

3 readers now (at least).

:)

Bill said...

Make that 4 readers! YOU GO ALEX!! P.S. I haven't had time time to sample what you had sent me, but rest assure I will this weekend! Great job!