Saturday, June 9, 2007

Shimizu Genji-san (Or possibly Hokujo?)


This is Shimizu Genji-san, quite possibly my favorite man in all of Japan. At the very least he is by far my favorite artist in Tokoname. I am positively mad about this guy.
Over the last year I purchased his Yakishime Tetsuki Samashi and Kabuse Ushirode. I spent several months Googleing him in my desperate attempts to find more his work, but I was s.o.l. I even emailed Rishi and had a conversation with Sean O'leary about it, but his works were no where to be found on the web.

Until now.

(edit: look at this, I used noticed three times in two sentences. Would someone please hit me upside the head with a thesaurus).

I was browsing through the link I left in my last post, when I noticed a kyusu that I really liked. I took a closer look, and noticed how familiar the style was, then I noticed Shimizu-san's chop and rejoiced.

Here is a link to a larger gallery of his work: Shimizu Hokujo

In celebration of the opportunity to throw away more money on superfluous tea pots, I will get off of my ass tomorrow and finally right a review.

2 comments:

Mary R said...

Absolutely gorgeous pots. I must stop clicking your links or my credit card will magically appear in my hands and then...

The Valley Girl Syndrome.
*shudder*

Brandon said...

The link you mention has moved to here.

http://www.yamaderakk.co.jp/newhokujo.html