Friday, May 2, 2008

2007 Da Ye Wuyi


This is a lightly roasted yancha from TeaCuppa.

They describe it as an affordable, daily oolong made from leaves that are not qualified for higher grade teas such as da hong pao.

I stuffed my tiny pot with leaves.

All the flavor is up front, light and floral, with bits of honey. This is a time to use bull shit adjectives like unpretentious in order to convey this tea's positive, unassuming simplicity. Not very nuanced, but pleasant; a beer with the guys kind of tea.


For me the leaves pay out after about four infusions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting description..."beer with the guys kind of tea"...

This leads me to ask, what would you classify as a champagne or wine with the girls type of tea? :-)

Aaron said...

space samurai,

I want to thank you for your wonderful blog. I've been looking at various tea blogs as a way to amuse myself/ learn/ relax, and yours has so far been the best. Please keep it up. I need to develop my palate, and I'll definitely be using your reviews as reference points.

Aaron

Anonymous said...

Space -

That first photo is just stunning. I love the detail. Looks like that D40 is really working hard for you.

Are you using any touch up software yet?