Friday, February 22, 2008

2007 Dan Cong Classic

This one is from Tea Spring, and my very first. I tried it last fall, not knowing what to expect, and was quite impressed.

Note on pronunciation: cong is pronounced like chong.

This tea goes through a "higher" level of oxidation, which you can smell in the bouquet, something darker lingering in the background. The rinsed aroma is peach, then a breath, then peach. Like candy. Its vivid, and I can taste it.

I like the warm peach liquor. I do enjoy the various colors of different tea, burgundy, yellow, gold, peach, green; its a splash of color in a field of brown, beige, and white tea ware.

First infusion is light, a little too light; my fault--too little leaf or too little time. Its sweet, not peachy, nothing like the fragrance promised, but it is there in the finish, faint, with a dab of bright astringency. The second is...not harsh, but its not soft, leaves a dry mouth feel, which persists into the third infusion, though this one is sweeter.

So. I hate to admit this, but I didn't label my pictures when I took them last week. So I had to spen about ten minutes trying to match them to the correct teas. I think I got them right, based on the leaves and the color of the tea, but who the hell knows for sure. Just sayin'.

2 comments:

Hobbes said...

Howdy sir,

Good article, as ever.

Btw, I think "cong" is pronounced "tsong" in a rising tone. (In Mandarin, not sure about other dialects.)


Toodlepip,

Hobbes

chinese tea said...

Searching for tea? Buy best tea online. Offer variety of tea of best quality. Get best vintage, decorative cake and other tea.
chinese tea
Green Tea
Oolong tea
Pu erh tea
black tea
tea leaf
bulk tea
herbal tea
jasmine tea
white tea